Survival Bracelet Project
The Survival Bracelet project is one way that kids of any age can be part of giving back to others who can use a comforting gesture and a little support.
What is a survival bracelet?
Survival bracelets are woven from one long piece of parachute cord (sometimes 2), a strong and versatile fabric that can be used in countless situations, such as securing tents, strapping things together, as a harness, as a fishing line or even as thread to sew on a button. Worn as a bracelet, they represent each person's unique survival skills and the strength that is woven into each stitch.
Here's how it works:
- Order your bracelet kit(s). Each kit contains enough materials to make 20 bracelets. Kits are $25 each.
- When your kit(s) arrive, gather up some friends and start making bracelets! We'll provide instructions or you can see loads of videos on the different designs on youtube.
- From each kit, you sell 10 bracelets and 10 will be donated back to Experience Camps to be given to our campers. Suggested price per bracelet is $5-$10.
- Once you sell all of your bracelets, send us the proceeds by check, credit card or Venmo (@excamps).
- Send us the bracelets to be donated in the included self-addressed envelope.