Welcome to the Experience Camps staff page and welcome to the #bestweekever!
On this page, you will find everything you need to know to prepare for your week at camp. If something is not here, email us and we'll add it!
- Camp Dates - Review the camp dates, staff arrival and departure times
- Staff Travel Information - Submit your camp travel form by May 1st and book your flights ASAP if applicable
- Pre-Camp Training - For first-year staff, complete the Mandated Reporter certification training by May 1st; Bereavement Training and ExCamps 101 will be posted soon for review
- Packing List - Review the staff packing list
- Required Forms - Complete all required forms by June 1st
Staff should plan to arrive by the dates and times shown for each program. The morning of Staff Orientation will be split into New Staff Orientation and Veteran Staff Orientation, joining back together for the rest of Orientation at lunch.
Camp Staff Arrival Staff Orientation Begins Staff Departure*
Georgia Sunday, Jul 29th, 7pm Monday, Jul 30th, 8am Sun, Aug 5th 2pm - Mon, Aug 6th 9am
California Saturday, Aug 4th, 7pm Sunday, Aug 5th, 8am Sat, Aug 11th 2pm - Sun, Aug 12th 9am
Pennsylvania Saturday, Aug 11th, 7pm Sunday, Aug 12th, 8am Sat, Aug 18th 3pm - Sun, Aug 19th 9am
Maine (First Year) Saturday, Aug 18th, 7pm Sunday, Aug 19th, 8am Sat, Aug 25th 3pm - Sun, Aug 26th 9am (Veteran) Sunday, Aug 19th, 12:30pm Sunday, Aug 19th, 1pm (Same as New Staff)
*Staff are welcome to depart on the day the campers leave but are encouraged to spend the night for our staff appreciation party. Please note that all staff are invited and that staff must adhere to the minimum drinking age. Staff must depart by 9am the following morning.
All staff must complete the travel form for their camp by May 1st.
Some important notes about travel:
- Please be mindful of the staff arrival times and give yourself enough time to get to camp.
- If your travel arrangements coincide with camper travel, sign up to be a travel chaperone (Note: First-year staff are only eligible to chaperone camper departure).
- If you are flying to camp, you should book your flight right away.
- If you need a ride to camp either from an airport or hometown, you can indicate this on your travel form and your location’s directors will help coordinate rides as camp approaches.
- Shuttles are listed on the travel forms. Note that shuttles will only be provided on the day before Staff Orientation and return shuttles the morning after campers depart.
- Transportation to camp is not covered by Experience Camps. However, we have created this Staff Transportation Stipend Request Form for staff who would otherwise be unable to attend camp without assistance. The stipend will be provided as a reimbursement and may cover only a portion of the cost of travel. Sam Green will contact you to confirm receipt and to discuss further.
- Georgia: Camp Blue Ridge, 355 Playhouse Dr, Mountain City, GA 30562 | Website | Map
- California: Camp Green Oak Ranch, 1237 Green Oak Rd, Vista, CA 92081 | Website | Map
- Pennsylvania: Camps Equinunk and Blue Ridge, 788 Legends Path, Equinunk, PA 18417 | Website | Map
- Maine: Camp Manitou for Boys, 47 Camp Manitou Cove, Oakland, ME 04963 | Website | Map and Camp Somerset for Girls, 11 Somerset Lane, Smithfield, ME 04978 | Website | Map
MANDATED REPORTER CERTIFICATION
Experience Camps requires everyone working with children (that's all of us) to become certified "Mandated Reporters." This is state mandated and required that you complete by May 1st.
- If you are licensed as a provider (ie: RN, LCSW, etc.) and have already completed mandated reporting training to obtain that license, please email your license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For everyone else: Once you earn the Mandated Reporter Certificate, you need to upload it to your myManEx account.
- Please follow the instructions below:
- Register for the training: Recognizing and Reporting Suspected Child Abuse
- Click Order Now
- On the next screen, click Purchase Now (Don't worry, it's free)
- Create an Account
- For "Where did you learn about us?" choose "Employer/Boss." For "Field or Profession," choose "Community Professionals/Volunteers." For "Title," choose "Other Community Professional/Volunteer."
- After the account is created you can start the course and take the test at the end. Following the survey, you can download your certificate and then upload it to you myManEx account.
FIRST-YEAR STAFF TRAINING
All first-time staff will be required to review the three training sessions listed below in addition to the on-site orientation that begins the day before campers arrive. Please note there will be a required assessment at the end of each training that will need to be uploaded to your myManEx account. Trainings will be posted soon.
training #1: "ExCamps 101"
training #2: "Bereavement 101"
Training #3: "Risk Management"
We require all volunteers to complete the following forms, which can be found in your myManEx account, by June 1st (Exception: first-year staff should upload Staff Agreement after attending both webinars). If you have trouble accessing your account please email Sam Green.
- Staff Agreement (requires electronic signature): All staff must e-sign the "Staff Agreement" stating that you have read your location's Staff Manual and reviewed the materials below. First-time staff cannot sign the Staff Agreement Form until after you have attended both webinars.
- Staff Photo (upload recent photo)
- Health History (online form)
- Social Networking Policy (requires electronic signature)
- Mandated Reporter (upload completed certificate)
Materials from Staff Agreement
Visit your myManEx account to view the Staff Manual for each camp.