- Register a Team or Individual
- Volunteer for the day of the event
- Team Captains Pledge
- Release of Liability
Do You Have What It Takes?
FIRST YOU NEED A CAPTAIN
Everyone has this friend in their friend group. It’s the guy who always rallies the others to get off the couch and head out for a drink. It’s the mom who remembers to sign all of her kids’ school forms and never accidentally leaves a kid waiting at an after school activity. It’s that person that is often referred to as the “mayor” of whatever circle you run in. This is the person that brings the energy, makes sure that everyone has a blast, and believes that YOU ARE CHAMPIONS.
THEN YOU NEED A TEAM
The team is made up of 10-15 participants, (categories: adults and high school, grades K-5, grades 6-8) who will compete in competitions ranging from relay races to strength challenges. You’ll want to recruit your team members wisely. Finding a mix of athletic prowess, creative genius, and barely tolerable enthusiasm is no easy feat.
NOW IT’S TIME TO GET TO WORK
The team captain is ultimately accountable for getting it done, but this is absolutely a team effort. Here’s a preview of what you’ll need to do:
- Register your team (Team Captain) - You'll need a rockin’ team name. Something that really captures your essence.
- Your team registration will automatically create your fundraising page in Crowdrise. Each team must raise a minimum of $2,500 to be eligible to compete.
- Each team member must register individually for the team they are joining.
- Captains, start assigning team members to events ASAP so you can see what and who you still need.
- Put together a spirit squad. This is a great place to make use of your creative friends (and young kids). Create a team Facebook Group to get everyone PUMPED UP and talk strategy.
- Plan our your colors and team decorations. You'll need to decorate your t-shirts.
- Get EXCITED!! This is going to be EPIC.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A CHAMPION
- Each team will compete in 5 rounds of competition. Each event will have points allocated and will be awarded based on the rules of the competition.
- In addition, points will be given to the team with the BEST SPIRIT, as determined by our judges.
- Points will also be awarded to the final tally for total funds raised, based on 1 percent of the total. (e.g. if a team raises $2,500, then 25 points will be added to that team’s total)
- The CHAMPION will be announced at closing ceremonies and awarded the soon-to-be-legendary DAY OF CHAMPIONS TROPHY!
WHO ULTIMATELY WINS
The 500+ children who will attend an Experience Camp in one of 4 locations around the country next summer. Each one of them has suffered the unimaginable loss of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver that has changed their lives forever. They often feel alone and like nobody understands...until they get to camp. And then they are surrounded by other kids who “get it” and they finally realize that all of these feelings they’re having are normal. It is powerful, transformative, joyful, and healing. It is the best week of the year for each child who attends. And that’s the reason we’re doing this.